Juventus sign goalkeeper Neto from Fiorentina

07/08/2015
Juventus sign goalkeeper Neto from Fiorentina

Juventus have signed Brazilian goalkeeper Neto to serve as understudy and potential long-term successor to Gianluigi Buffon.

Neto, 25, has signed a four-year deal after spending four-and-a-half seasons with Fiorentina, where he has been first choice for the past two years and made 101 appearances.

"Norberto Murara Neto has officially completed his move to Juventus, penning a four-year contract that keeps him with the club until 30 June 2019," Juve said on their website.

Neto has also been in the international frame for Brazil, and was part of the squad for this summer's Copa America finals after Diego Alves' withdrawal.

His arrival comes as Buffon's previous understudy, Marco Storari, departs for Cagliari.

More News

OFFICIAL: Juventus sign Simone Zaza from Sassuolo
The Scudetto holders have further strengthened their attack with the arrival of the Italy international on a five-year contract Juventus have announced the signing of Simone Zaza from Sassuolo for €18 million. The Italian champions entered into a co-...
Arturo Vidal directed to Arsenal in UK
Arsenal have been given the green light to sign Arturo Vidal with Juventus willing to sell him, according to reports. The Gunners have been strongly linked with a big money deal for Vidal in the last few weeks, with Arsene Wenger believed to be a fan of the...
Paul Pogba to Barcelona
Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba has chosen Barcelona as his next club, it is claimed. Pogba is also a big money target for Manchester City. But L'Equipe says Barca is Pogba's priority, particularly given the structure of their offer. The midfielder is...
Carlos Tevez is joining Boca Juniors says Boca president
Carlos Tevez is leaving Juventus to return to Boca Juniors, according to the president of the Buenos Aires club. Daniel Angelici, speaking on Friday to ESPN Argentina, said Tevez “will sign the contract” when the Copa América ends next week. Angelici said he...
Juventus increase Oscar bid by £1.8m
The Turin club are keen to land the Blues' Brazil international, who played 41 games last season. They reportedly made an £18m offer last month which was rejected by Stamford Bridge bosses and Corriere dello Sport claim a new bid is on the table. Manager...

Pages